Monday, April 26, 2010

So now we are home. 6 weeks and truly settled back home in NZ. It is much colder than Norfolk but the past month has been full of excitement.

Here are a few of my favourite things from the past month:
  • Hearing Tuis in the garden. Wowee, nostalgia. Nothing like a year out of the country to spark the patriot within. Although being patriotic towards NZ is so unusual here it seems that it is un-Kiwi to love NZ. Anyway. I love it. Just saying.
  • Over enthusiastic reunions with girlfriends: well, to be honest I can’t think of a time that we have been un-enthusiastic when together. Our love is one of obnoxious fabulosity. When we are together we are ourselves, amplified.  
  • TradeMe for vintage purchases. My god, how good is this? In the past month I have bought all of the following from trademe, the gross cost would be under $150.  Perfect for the girl on a budget!


  • Overtalented friends. I love this. Ricky and I have agreed to buy this from Finn Fair (it will be my birthday present to myself). I love it. Kill then Love. From an old movie called The Most Dangerous Game, which stars Fay Wray.

  















Frocktails to Die For. Fabulous fashion show at Mollies Hotel this Saturday, to raise funds for the Auckland City Mission. Local interior and fashion designers will transform Mollies suites into six different worlds, based on 'A World We Dream To Live In' from Sera Lilly's 'Alice in Wonderland' room, to Kingan Jones' 'Glam Rock'. Guests will be invited to explore the worlds while enjoying drinks and canapés. Basically awesome! I can’t wait!


  















Shanghai Lils reopening. I AM SO EXCITED! I want to live there and never leave!!!! Look at it!!!! Let’s go soon!





























  Also: This is Crystal Renn. How could I not know about her? She is amazing. Full curves, full glamour. And my god she is babin. I like!


  






























































 

















 That’s all for now. Have a nice week! xo

3 comments:

  1. Holy shit your dresses.
    I miss Trade Me :(

    I'm patriotic and I'm not even from New Zealand haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Te! I miss you <3
    Can't wait to see you!
    I am so patriotic these days. I used to not be. I thought it was all lame. Until I went away and saw how lame some other places are(namely the states), and their people are hideously patriotic. And I'm like WHY!?
    NZ is dope. I won't deny it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have love/hate relationship with Wellington. I think I'm patriotic.. especially when people slag off Lyall Bay which I think is the best place to live :D although if only there wasn't that southerly coming off the sea (the hate)...

    NICE DRESSES

    I've never heard of that model either but I think you just sparked an obsession! I'm going to goggle her now! Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete